Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
This pasta dish is a must-have in your cooking regimen! The butter sauce is delicious and the prosciutto adds great flavor. This dish is relatively fast and easy to do. Try it today!
- 1 lb penne
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 sweet white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add penne and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, trim fat off of proscuitto and slice into wide strips.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and place into a warmed, large bowl.
- Add proscuitto, lemon zest, nutmeg, parley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in stock mixture add toss well.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately.