Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful dish that is easy to make and interesting in flavor
Make and share this Penne With Prosciutto and Vodka Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 lb penne pasta
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, celery, and garlic in oil; stir until soft.
- Add prosciutto and vodka.
- Simmer until almost all liquid is gone.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne, and herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, and heat for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until done.
- Serve sauce over noodles.