- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced in half moons
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, oil, basil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minute Drain.
- Combine the pasta, tomato mixture, cucumber, red onion and red pepper. Toss to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.