Recipe by MsPia
This recipe is from the great Italian chef, Mary Ann Esposito.(with a couple of little modifications)
Top Review by breezermom
What a great meal for a weeknight! Comes together very quickly and tastes great. I used all half and half and used corkscrews instead of penne, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The pistachios added a fun touch. I'll enjoy this recipe again. Made for 123 Tag. Thanks for sharing!
- 78.07 ml pistachio nut, peeled
- 453.59 g thin asparagus, cut into thirds
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 78.07 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 453.59 g dry penne pasta
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus in a stockpot in boiling salted water, uncovered, over medium-high heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the asparagus, saving the water so the pasta can be prepared in the same pot.
- Sauté garlic in butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile start cooking the pasta, according to package directions.
- Add the asparagus and pepper.
- Increase heat to high and pour in the wine, stirring for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour the half and half and the cream over asparagus mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- When pasta is done, drain and return to pot.
- Combine asparagus sauce with pasta, stirring over medium heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until it melts; transfer to platter.
- Garnish with pistachio nuts and serve immediately.