Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Healthy cooking magazine. This I hve not made, but it looks delicious and I will be making it soon. I have a habit of losing recipes so now it is here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin like dimes
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- cook penne according to package directions.
- While penne is cooking, combine olive oil and pine nuts in a large skillet and cook on medium until nuts start to look golden. add garlic, zucchini, salt and pepper and cook gently until zucchini softens slightly. Remove one-third of the nuts and zucchini and puree in a blender. Return peree to skillet and set aside.
- When pasta is done, remove 1/2 cup of cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta and add pasta and reserved water to the skillet. Cook on low until water evaporates, stirring well to coat. Stir in cheese, taste for salt and pepper and serve immediately.