1/1 Photo of Penne With Pesto Cream Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Law School Chef's Note:
easy to make, and tastes like you put a lot of effort into it. I found the recipe in the Chicago Sun-Times, and modified it a little. You can easily substitute some other kind of pasta for the penne, and add or subtract other ingredients. Adding meat would make it a more complete meal, but it's pretty filling without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook penne according to directions, about 9 minutes for al dente.
- 2In a medium-size saucepan, simmer cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it has reduced by a third. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto sauce and sun-dried tomatoes. Let stand a little to let the sauce thicken, if desired.
- 3When the penne is cooked, drain well and add the cream sauce. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat the pasta well with the sauce.
- 4Serve immediately, sprinkled with the cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Pesto Cream Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.9
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: