Recipe by Lainey39
A great pasta dish I got from Good Housekeeping.
Top Review by Thea
This basic recipe became an outstanding casserole!! I added some Italian seasoning, 2 pinches red pepper flakes, 1 medium onion diced, 1 tsp garlic, splash of milk, 1 cup or so of mozzarella cheese and a couple sprinkles of nutmeg. Mixed it all together and through in a casserole dish at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Thanks so much for the great idea! It was really great!
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb penne rigate or 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh romano cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon peel, grated (from 1 lemon)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook as label directs.
- While pasta is cooking, in medium bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, Romano, lemon peel, 1/2 t salt, and 1/4 t pepper; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and cook 6-8 minutes or until tomatoes burst and are heated through, shaking pan frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Remove 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- To skillet with tomatoes, add pasta with thawed frozen peas and reserved cooking water; stir to combine.
- Spoon into 6 bowls and dollop with ricotta mixture.