Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Garden fresh peas make the difference in this pasta dish. If you can’t get fresh, frozen will be a good replacement.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the penne according to the package directions add the peas during the last 3 or 4 minutes; drain and set aside.
- in large skillet melt the butter and sauté the prosciutto until crisp,. Add the cream, chives, and parmesan cheese, along with the tomato and the basil, stirring well to blend.
- Add the penne and the peas and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese.
What a delicious pasta recipe, and it lends itself well to halving, which I did. I had the good fortune to pick up some fresh sweet peas at the farmers market and this recipe was just perfect to use them. For dietary restrictions, I did use 1 tsp of canola oil instead of the butter and fat free evaporated skim milk for the light cream with very good results. This was thoroughly enjoyed and I can only imagine how good it is with the full fat ingredients. Thank you Recipe Fairy for sharing the recipe.