Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple Pasta with Lots of Flavour... very easy to make and perfect for a quiet dinner for Two!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb penne, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large skillet set over moderate heat cook the onion in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the Pancetta and cook the mixture, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and salt and pepper to taste and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes more.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or just until heated through.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta with the pancetta mixture, the goat cheese and the basil.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.