1/1 Photo of Penne With Oyster Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Mint
Good to serve on weeknights and good enough for company. From Sunset Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (plus)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lb penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb oyster mushroom, sliced, tough stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese, preferably Italian
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- 2Add 1 T. salt and penne.
- 3Cook until barely tender to the bite.
- 4Drain; set aside.
- 5In the same pot, heat olive oil over high heat.
- 6Add mushrooms and remaining teaspoons salt and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms stop giving off liquid and start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 7Turn heat to medium-high and add garlic.
- 8Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in chicken broth and penne and cook until broth is absorbed.
- 10Stir in cheese until melted and coating the pasta.
- 11Take off heat and stir in mint.
- 12Serve immediately, topped with prosciutto and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Oyster Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.8
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 5035.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: