Good to serve on weeknights and good enough for company. From Sunset Magazine
Make and share this Penne With Oyster Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (plus)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb oyster mushroom, sliced, tough stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese, preferably Italian
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mint
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add 1 T. salt and penne.
- Cook until barely tender to the bite.
- Drain; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add mushrooms and remaining teaspoons salt and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms stop giving off liquid and start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and penne and cook until broth is absorbed.
- Stir in cheese until melted and coating the pasta.
- Take off heat and stir in mint.
- Serve immediately, topped with prosciutto and pepper.