Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this yummy pasta dish from stuff I had kicking around. I use the basil that comes in a squeeze tube (about 1/2 tsp) and mix it in at the last minute, but dried should work fine (add it to the chicken stock mixture).
- 3 ounces penne
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Cook penne in boiling water for 10 minutes or until done; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Add mushrooms, peppers, and onion to skillet. Saute until onions are slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Combine stock, wine, garlic powder, pepper, and basil in a measuring cup. Add to skillet.
- Cook until liquid reduces and thickens slightly (about 5 minutes more).
- Add cooked penne to skillet and toss to coat.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
I made this last week and my family loved it.