Recipe by Rita~
Mushroom, Sundried tomatoes and Squash in a sauce made with a tangy blue cheese and cream cheese.
Top Review by ellie_
Good,easy and quick-- a perfect combination for a weeknight meal! I forgot the sundried tomatoes but besides that followed this recipe to the letter (but used low fat cream cheese) for a good and easy weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb monterey white mushroom, quartered
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup drained thinly sliced sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or 4 ounces other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms and onions are golden and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add to reserved pasta along with gorgonzola, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Toss to melt cheese and coat pasta.
- Add some liquid for the pasta water if needed.
- Top with olives, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.