penne with mushroom pesto
- In a 6 qt kettle, bring 5 qt water to boil for pasta.
- In a 10-12 inch non-stick skillet heat 1 tbl oil and saute mushrooms with worcestershire sauce and sherry, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree mushroom mixture with garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and remaining 3 tbl oil.
- Add parsley and blend until parley is chopped fine.
- (Pesto will keep surface covered with plastic wrap, chilled, 1 week) Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water, and drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pesto with 2/3 cup reserved hot cooking water.
- Add pasta and toss well, thinning pesto if necessary with remaining reserved cooking water.