Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy pasta sauce. Tasty yet low in fat.
- 4 -6 ounces penne, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (OXO or equivalent)
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lowfat parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in olive oil.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in hot water.
- Stir in tomato paste until mixture is smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to saucepan.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in evaporated skim milk and Parmesan cheese, along with sugar and salt and pepper (additional salt may not be necessary, depending on how salty the bouillon was).
- Simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook penne.
- Toss penne with sauce and serve.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Other options: 1 saute mushrooms with garlic 2 At the end, add cooked vegetables (broccoli, etc.) and/or cooked cubed chicken breast and place mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheese and bake in oven until cheese melts.