Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
A quickie, 1 dish meal. My co-worker gave me this recipe. She knows I'm a vegetarian so I told her I could make it with meatless chicken strips! It's delicious, low fat and very healthful. I found out recently that the combination of corn and spinach is quite good based on Bobtail's recipe (#158299). If you make this with a chicken substitute it won't take as long to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 -3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 lb chicken strips or 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 9 ounces spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a large frying or sauce pan; add oil and onion and saute. When the onion is soft and translucent, add the chicken and saute until it is almost cooked through (depending on how large your chicken pieces are, around 15 minutes).
- 3Then add the corn, white wine and reserved water from the pasta, and bring to a boil. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute.
- 4Add the reserved pasta, and stir to heat.
- 5Add the chopped spinach and toss to combine. When the spinach has wilted (about 2 minutes), stir in the parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Lemon Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 238.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 33.9 g