Recipe by Terry IN
I got this out of the newspaper. My family likes it and it's a lighter recipe for pasta then using a cream based sauce.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups ham, diced (leftovers)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the peas for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ham, and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the oregano, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the broth, stir in the mustard, and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked pasta and peas, and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve.