Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The name says it all! Is your mouth watering yet? Serve with garlic bread and salad.
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups grilled chicken, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, cut diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sugar; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain and rinse pasta and place in large skillet.
- Add chicken, broth, asparagus, cream and garlic.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add onions, cheese and basil.
- Cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!
This dish is heavenly! What a delight for the taste buds. Very easy to prepare and was enjoyed by all. Hey guys, I have a burning question..why would you make a recipe when you don't have the proper ingredients?? I see this ALL the time and it just blows me away. I would NEVER dream of making something new and not using what it calls for. For some reason it just really "irritates" me. LOL
I made this recipe with what I had on hand - lots of changes.... No whipping cream and no milk substitute, no gorgonzola, and dried basil instead of fresh. We also used wheat pasta, not white... I did add in some goat cheese and parmesean as a sub. My husband liked it a lot - despite all of the changes. We agree it is probably a lot better with the cream and the soft cheeses.... So a definite recommendation. We'll be having it again and hopefully will have more ingredients next time!
My family couldnt get enough of this when I made it. No one even wanted desert, they just wanted seconds. great recipe!!!!!!!