Recipe by JanetSmith154
Something I made up! Hope you enjoy! My favorite local Italian- restaurant enjoyed it so much they put it on the menu! I just thought of this while typing, but I bet diced sun-dried tomatoes would be fantastic with this!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, diced
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola dolce blue cheese, cubed
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8-qt (or large) pot bring about 5 quarts water to a boil, add 2 tsp salt and penne and cook according to package directions.Before you drain pasta, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta.
- In a skillet (12in if you have it) bring about 1 - 2 cups of water to a boil. Add remaining 1 tsp salt and asparagus. Cook 5 minutes (or until crisp-tender) and drain. Discard water. Cut asparagus into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat to medium - high and dry pancetta till crisp. Do not drain and add cooked penne and asparagus. If pasta seems "dry" - then slowly add reserved pasta water until pasta is sauced enough to your desire (I usually use about 1/4 cup) - add in cubed (as best as you can cube it) Gorgonzola and gently combine. Enjoy!