Blue cheese may be substituted if you cannot find gorganzola. I used the crumbles and it worked great. We loved the contrast of the creamy sauce and the crunch of the walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta in boiling water until firm but tender.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil.
- 3Add the sage, ham, shallots, and walnuts, and cook over medium until the ham begins to brown and the shallots become tender and translucent.
- 4Add milk, cream, and gorgonzola, and stir and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to low, add the nutmeg and Parmesan, and toss with cooked pasta.
- 6Top with more Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Gorgonzola and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.9
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 1053.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g