Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Blue cheese may be substituted if you cannot find gorganzola. I used the crumbles and it worked great. We loved the contrast of the creamy sauce and the crunch of the walnuts.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until firm but tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil.
- Add the sage, ham, shallots, and walnuts, and cook over medium until the ham begins to brown and the shallots become tender and translucent.
- Add milk, cream, and gorgonzola, and stir and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add the nutmeg and Parmesan, and toss with cooked pasta.
- Top with more Parmesan.