Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, healthy and delicious pasta dish that is sure to please!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 scallions, minced
- In a small bowl combine vegetable stock, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, cornstarch, garlic& ginger; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a wok or large sauté pan.
- Sauté pasta for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil and sauté shallots, carrots, red bell pepper and broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Add pasta, sesame oil and scallions.
- Toss and serve.
Great flavor!! Paired very well w/ Pork Chops Yum Yum (Recipe #95222) I will use fresh veggies next time b/c my frozn broccoli turned out all mooshy.
Delicious! Only made one addition-chillies!Added them when frying the veg and that gave it a great kick.Made it for a dinner party so prepared it uptil step 6, and put it aside. When i was ready for dinner i quickly re heated the veggies and added the sauce. So simply and easy and so tasty.Thank you!
Excellent sauce. I liked it better than a regular teriyaki, since it was not as salty. The balsamic vinegar adds a nice flavor. I used stir fried frozen veggies (Costco) and topped with seared scallops. It was a wonderful meal. Roxygirl