Penne With Garlic and Chicken
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- Separate bulbs of garlic into cloves; peel cloves. Place peeled garlic cloves in small saucepan with olive oil. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes or until tender. Puree garlic cloves in food processor with 1/4 cup olive oil, basil and rosemary to formgarlic pesto.
- Place cooked penne in larger bowl. Add 1/2 cup garlic pesto, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, chicken, green onions and cheese; mix well. (Reserve remaining garlic pesto for use in other recipes.).
- Add additional olive oil to moisten, if necessary. Serve at room temperature.
- Tip: Spread some of the extra garlic pesto on bread to make quick garlic bread.