- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 cups coarsely chopped escarole
- 2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 4 cups cooked penne (about 2 1/2 cups uncooked tubular-shaped pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add escarole; sauté 4 minutes or until escarole begins to wilt.
- Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through beans); cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta and vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.