Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe when tomatoes are in season. Recipe is from Ladies Home Journal.
- 4 cups grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Pulse grape tomatoes in food processor until chopped and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Drain artichokes in a fine sieve set over a bowl, reserving marinade, and coarsely chop; add to grape tomatoes with 2 T reserved marinade.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, garlic and oil.
- Let stand at room temperature while pasta cooks.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; add salt.
- Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and immediately add to bowl with tomatoes and artichokes; salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan over top and serve warm.