Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Weight Watchers Make It In Minutes. Per serving: 236 calories, 5 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 40 mg total carb. 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (6 ounce) zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (6 ounce) yellow squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb penne
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler.
- Prepare 2 baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- On the baking pans, place the eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and bell pepper in a single layer.
- Spray to coat well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Broil, 7 inches from the heat, for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and browned; transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling; add in penne and cook according to package directions; drain.
- Add penne to the bowl with the vegetables; add in basil, parmesan, and oil; toss to coat.
This was good however next time I am roasting the vegetables in the olive oil with sea salt and fresh ground pepper also adding a little pesto sauce to the noodles-this would change the calorie and point count but would still keep it healthy
Very tasty and not too difficult. Both the people who love eggplant and the ones who don't really liked it..
This was very good. I even added orange cherry like tomato's. Wheat penne pasta. Very healthy dish. Yum.