1/1 Photo of Penne With Eggplant (Aubergine)
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light March 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne or 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package rice penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cubed eggplants
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (26 ounce) jar fat free pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese or 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- 2Meanwhile heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3Add eggplant and onion; sauté 8 minutes or until onion is browned.
- 4Stir in garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- 5Add salt, pepper, and pasta sauce; bring to a simmer.
- 6Reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- 8Toss eggplant mixture with pasta.
- 9Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; toss gently.
- 10Top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 580.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free pasta sauce