Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came about when I didn't have the correct ingredients for another dish I was going to make. As a result, I ended up creating this pasta sauce which has been a "keeper" ever since.
- Saute eggplant and garlic in olive oil until the eggplant is tender. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, cook the sausage.
- Add the red wine, using it to deglaze the pan. Reduce slightly.
- Add the broth and the tomatoes, crushing the tomatoes by hand into the pan.
- Return eggplant to the sauce. Salt to taste.
- Simmer until flavors blend and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve over cooked penne or other pasta.