Recipe by Stacky5
Oh, YUM! I got this from Campbell's Fall Family Favorites magazine...I just HAD to try it -- what with 4 kids and all, I was hoping to "knock them out" with the Vodka! (JUST KIDDING!!!!! LOL!!!!!) No, but seriously, I saw Emeril make something similar to this, so I tried this simplified version, and it was GOOD! Even the kids liked it (although they would have frowned if I told them I put Vodka in it...Hee hee!) NOTE: I usually add 1/2 lb. pepperoni slices, cut into 1/4" strips to the sauce.
Top Review by kzbhansen
This was really good!!! I made it using the pepperoni like Stacy has in her notes and it turned out great!!! It was a bit on the spicy side since I simmered the sauce for a while with the pepperoni in it but we LOVED this!!!! Stacy you will be missed!!!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 (26 ounce) jarsprego pasta sauce (Chunky Tomato, Onion & Garlic flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well. Return pasta to the saucepot, add salt & pepper to tast and 1 tablespoons butter.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, stir the pasta sauce, vodka, basil, and red pepper flakes. Heat over medium heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and gently stir in the cream.
- Pour the sauce over the paste. Toss to coat.
- Spoon pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese, if desired.