1/2 Photos of Penne With Creamy Vodka Sauce
Oh, YUM! I got this from Campbell's Fall Family Favorites magazine...I just HAD to try it -- what with 4 kids and all, I was hoping to "knock them out" with the Vodka! (JUST KIDDING!!!!! LOL!!!!!) No, but seriously, I saw Emeril make something similar to this, so I tried this simplified version, and it was GOOD! Even the kids liked it (although they would have frowned if I told them I put Vodka in it...Hee hee!) NOTE: I usually add 1/2 lb. pepperoni slices, cut into 1/4" strips to the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well. Return pasta to the saucepot, add salt & pepper to tast and 1 tablespoons butter.
- 2In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, stir the pasta sauce, vodka, basil, and red pepper flakes. Heat over medium heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and gently stir in the cream.
- 3Pour the sauce over the paste. Toss to coat.
- 4Spoon pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 5Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Creamy Vodka Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 1332.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g