Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish can be served as either side dish or entree. Comforting!
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb penne
- 6 slices about 6 ounces bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels; when cool crumble bacon.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons fat in skillet. Add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Stir in peas and the water, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, until peas are hot. Stir in milk; cook 1 to 2 minutes to heat through.
- Drain pasta and put into a warmed large serving bowl. Add pea mixture; sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon. Toss to mix well.