1/9 Photos of Penne With Creamy Garlic Sauce
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This delicious pasta dish came off the back of San Giorgio's Penne Rigate pasta box. We love it. Sometimes I add sauteed chicken breast to it for a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons butter (I also add 2 tbsp olive oil)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken or 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup milk or 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I use more)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter; add garlic (I add the extra olive oil now).
- 3Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- 4Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in broth and milk or cream.
- 6Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- 7Add parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- 8Toss hot pasta with sauce; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Creamy Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: