Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This delicious pasta dish came off the back of San Giorgio's Penne Rigate pasta box. We love it. Sometimes I add sauteed chicken breast to it for a complete meal.
Top Review by lazyme
Delish! I made this as written except that I used mostaccioli because I was out of penne. My whole family loved this! I served it as a side dish, but as others have said, it would be great with chicken or shrimp. Thanks Realtor for another great keeper. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1 (1 lb) package penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons butter (I also add 2 tbsp olive oil)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken or 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter; add garlic (I add the extra olive oil now).
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and milk or cream.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce; serve immediately.