Recipe by Malriah
Different colorful pasta dish. Use veggie broth and it's vegetarian. Use low fat cream cheese and it's low fat. Try using different veggies to suit you. Very versitile for different tastes. I have also served it as a side dish.
Top Review by sunny_day
We enjoyed this dish for dinner today and found that it was simple to prepare, it didn't take long to cook and it had a nice taste. The only issue I had was that the sauce was rather soupy. Next time I will let the sauce simmer without the lid to allow some of the water evaporate and see what happens. Thank-you for posting this recipe!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb carrot, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking bring broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add carrots, peas and garlic to broth; return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and scallions to veggies and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place well drained pasta in a serving bowl.
- Pour veggies/cheese mixture over pasta and toss to coat.