Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a salad that is also a great light dinner or lunch.
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups penne, cooked
- 5 asparagus spears, cooked and diced
- 2 hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can crabmeat, well drained
- 2 tablespoons pickled sweet pimento, chopped
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf (for serving)
- Whisk together vinegar, parsley and oil until blended.
- Add mustard, sugar, tarragon, cheese, shallot, garlic, tabasco, salt and pepper and continue whisking until vinaigrette has thickened.
- Place remaining ingredients in salad bowl.
- Pour in vinaigrette, season and toss.
- Serve over a layer of lettuce leaves.