Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I created this recipe to suit the veggies I happened to have in my fridge at the time. It was pretty slim pickings but if I'd had onions or fresh lemon I might have added those too. As it was, I was pretty pleased with this. If you don't have chorizo, you could use your favourite sausage.
- Steam the broccoli and set aside.
- Boil some water in a large saucepot and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, fry the chorizo in a frying pan on a high heat, turning so both sides get nice and crispy.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and leave to drain on paper towel.
- Use a little more paper towel to clean out most of the fat from the chorizo from the frying pan, then add the olive oil.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and lightly saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the kale and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in the broccoli and chorizo and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and mix in the hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, then toss with the chorizo mixture and serve.
We loved your creation! We like all the ingredients, but haven't had them all together and/or with pasta and were glad to know the flavors harmonize well. I took your suggestions and added an onion and half a lemon, juiced. I also used whole wheat penne, a spicy soy Mexican chorizo (so skipped the hot sauce), more kale and skipped the cheese. We also wok fried the broccoli with the kale. It was yummy together!