Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I came up with to have a restaurant style pasta dish at home. You can vary the sauce used, in order to change the recipe. It also works great with a red pepper sauce or an alfredo sauce. I used to use white mushrooms, but the potabellos really brought it to the next level.
- 350 g penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 Spanish onions or 1⁄2 vidalia onion, thickly diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, thickly sliced
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, thickly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use recipe no. 95168)
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Marinate in wine and 1 crushed clove of garlic for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Chop up all vegetables.
- In large skillet heat 1 Tbsp olive oil on med high.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until it just turns opaque.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil and add onions and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and stir-fry about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and stir fry about a minute.
- Put chicken back in for about 2 minutes.
- Add in marinara sauce and stir to coat everything.
- Add in cooked penne noodles and stir in for a minute.
- Serve and enjoy.