Recipe by cookiedog
I have never had this at the restaurant but I have enjoyed it at home. The Madeira wine gives the sauce a great flavor. This recipe is adapted from my local newspaper. Edit: After reading a couple of the reviews, I decided to change the name of this recipe. formerly titled Copycat: Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci.
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained or 1⁄2 cup rehydrated shiitake mushroom
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup madeira wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place cooked and drained pasta in separate bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute chicken, onion, mushrooms, and garlic.Remove from skillet;set aside. Add wine to same skillet and simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Add heavy cream and sour cream and heat through.
- Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Toss with pasta.