Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have never had this at the restaurant but I have enjoyed it at home. The Madeira wine gives the sauce a great flavor. This recipe is adapted from my local newspaper. Edit: After reading a couple of the reviews, I decided to change the name of this recipe. formerly titled Copycat: Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci.
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained or 1⁄2 cup rehydrated shiitake mushroom
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup madeira wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place cooked and drained pasta in separate bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute chicken, onion, mushrooms, and garlic.Remove from skillet;set aside. Add wine to same skillet and simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Add heavy cream and sour cream and heat through.
- Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Toss with pasta.
While this was not a bad dish at all it still missed the extra umph that the restaurnt has. Something is missing from the dish that they have at the restaurant
I thought the flavor of this was really wonderul, loved the chicken and mushrooms witht the Madeira wine. I used 10 oz of fresh mushrooms instead of the canned. After reducing the wine, I added the cream and it sorta curdled a little bit. I would maybe let the wine cool or add a little of the wine to the cream to temper it before I added the whole cup to the skillet. While it tasted really good, the sauce had a grainy appearance. The instructions omit where to add the sour cream and so I added it after I added the cream. I've never been to a Cheesecake Factory so I don't know how this compares to the original, but overall this is something I would definatley make again. Thanks cookiedog!!!
no kidding you never had it at the restaurant! followed the recipe to a tee, while not horrible, does not taste a thing like cheesecake factory's version.