Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Robin Miller recipe
Make and share this Penne With Chicken, Artichokes, and Pesto Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden all over. Add artichokes, tomatoes, cream, and pesto. Bring to a simmer and stir frequently for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese. Cook 1 minute longer to heat through. Add more cream if neneed to thin out sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
It turned out very tasty but I made some changes. I cooked my chicken in olive oil, a little bit of butter and minced garlic with a dash of white wine (don't need any of it if you don't have it but it gives the chicken an individual flavor to compliment the sauce). I also added a dash of basil into the pan to give it a little punch. Then I assembled all the stuff for the sauce, added a little butter to that, and voila! I used a pesto from walmart that was 2 bucks, sun dried tomato pesto and I only used a little less then half of it (going to make something else with it tonight!). Overall very tasty-- oh and I used an entire bag of parmesan cheese-- I thought that the sauce was a bit sour (and a little less of the diced tomatoes). It was great (I LOVE artichokes) and I look forward to playing with it some more in the future!