Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple yet elegant meal--great for guests.
Make and share this Penne With Chicken and Vegetables in Basil Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch fresh basil, divided (about 1 cup packed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2⁄3 cup fat free chicken broth, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 ounces penne pasta, uncooked (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups red peppers, strips (about 2 small peppers)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- CUT enough of the basil into thin slices to measure 2 tablespoons; set aside. Place remaining basil in blender container. Add 1/4 cup of the walnuts, 1/3 cup of the chicken broth and the garlic; cover. Blend 30 to 1 minute or until smooth.
- COOK pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, broccoli and peppers; cook and stir 5 minute or until chicken is lightly browned. Add remaining 1/3 cup broth; cook an additional 6 to 8 minute or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to ingredients in skillet along with the basil sauce; stir until well blended. Drizzle with the vinegar; mix lightly. Sprinkle with the reserved sliced basil and remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.