Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found years ago in a magazine about celebrity recipes...this has become a family favorite!
- 3 shallots, peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 package, cut in strips
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (drained of oil)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb penne
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh basil
- Cook chicken through.
- Cook penne al dente.
- Saute shallots in 1 tbsp oil for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add cooken chicken, and tomatoes; cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, and toss with pasta to combine.
- Serve immediately.
There wasn't a weight given for the amount of chicken, but a pound of pasta ends up being quite a bit after cooking. I used 2 pounds of chicken breasts so you could find the chicken. After mixing it all together, there wasn't nearly enough "sauce"--I ended up adding the whole 2 cup container of cream before it was saucy enough. It was a mild-flavored dish.