Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy pasta, made with a light evaporated milk. Of course I think you could add or remove any vegetable you like to this.
- 350 g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g skinless chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 375 ml light & creamy evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet, drain, keep warm.
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic, cook 1 minute. Add the chicken and mushrooms, cook 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the capsicum tp pan.
- Combine evaporated milk, cornflour, and mustard, and add to chicken mix bring pan to boil, then simmer 1 minute.Remove from heat and while still hot stir in the spinach leaves, and spring onions, stir so as spinach wilts through a little.
- Serve over pasta, sprinkle with cheese, top with pinenuts.
A super quick easy recipe for mid week for when DH has to attend a meeting and we have to eat early. We did find it a little bland though so would add some more garlic and maybe some chilli. At DH's request I doubled the chicken and omitted the capsicum but otherwise made as per recipe, thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe.
Very easy & tasty. I made as written but couldn't see spring onions in the ingredients so left them out. I think if you wanted you could use cream in place of the evaporated milk if you weren't concerned about the fat content. A 'keeper' in my book. Made for Auz/NZ swap June 2010 :)