1/1 Photo of Penne With Chicken and Spinach and Mushroom
A creamy pasta, made with a light evaporated milk. Of course I think you could add or remove any vegetable you like to this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g skinless chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 375 ml light & creamy evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on packet, drain, keep warm.
- 2Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic, cook 1 minute. Add the chicken and mushrooms, cook 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the capsicum tp pan.
- 3Combine evaporated milk, cornflour, and mustard, and add to chicken mix bring pan to boil, then simmer 1 minute.Remove from heat and while still hot stir in the spinach leaves, and spring onions, stir so as spinach wilts through a little.
- 4Serve over pasta, sprinkle with cheese, top with pinenuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Chicken and Spinach and Mushroom
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 168.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken breast fillet