Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This light pasta dish adds a splash of citrus for a surprisingly tangy taste.
- 226.79 g uncooked whole wheat penne
- 226.79 g broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 22.18 ml sliced fresh garlic
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 473.18 ml skinless bonless shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 preserved lemons, rinsed, pulp removed, and rind thinly sliced or 4.92 ml grated fresh lemon zest
- 0.59 ml salt
- 78.07 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese (for shaving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook penne according to package directions. Add broccoli rabe to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking. When penne is al dente and broccoli rabe is tender but still bright green, drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water; set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garkic and crushed red pepper, and cook 1 1/2-2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned. Add the chicken and reserved pasta water, and cook 1 minute or until heated through. Add preserved lemon rind (or lemon zest) and salt; remove from heat.
- Toss chicken mixture with cooked pasta and broccoli rabe and grated fresh Parmesan; divide evenly among 4 bowls. Use a wide peeler to shave 12 (2-inch-long) strips of Parmesan. Place 3 shaving over each portion; serve immediately.