Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Substite chicken broth for half of the heavy cream called for in recipe to reduce calories. Served with a crisp salad and toasted french bread, this make a wonderful meal. Last summer my herb garden produced tons of basil. Found this great recipe online, can't remember just where.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute chicken and garlic until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Reduce heat and stir in salt, pepper, cream, pesto, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside,.
- Stir in cooked pasta.
This was a great dinner. On first taste it was a bit bland, so I added extra garlic and doubled the pesto sauce. Then it was perfect! I think had I used homemade pesto, the extra might not have been necessary.