Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this online from About.com. My family liked it.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 cups julienne cut leeks or 3 -4 cups use 1 bunch sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Combine wine, basil, oregano, garlic, and chicken broth in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add chicken; cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken from liquid. Strain cooking liquid, reserving 1 1/4 cups; discard solids.
- Shred chicken and set aside. Heat oil in Dutch oven. Add leek; saute 5 minutes. Sprinkle leek with flour; stir well. Add reserved broth. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add chicken, pasta, and next 3 ingredients; simmer 5 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese.