Recipe by Rachchow
Very easy, yummy, and cheesy! Ready in 30 minutes. Note: Add 1/2 cup chopped mush rooms when sautéing garlic.
Top Review by ChefDLH
We enjoyed this. Made as written with cheddar cheese. I added mushrooms because it said in the directions it wasn't in the ingredient list with how much to use so I eyeballed it. I also used 2 tsp italian seasoning and dry basil sprinkled over it and mixed in as I didn't have fresh basil. It was fast and easy and I had most of the ingredients on hand. The extra seasonings plus salt and pepper really make it as a reviewer suggested. Next time I will add onions to when I make the meat. Thanks for posting Rachchow! Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 lb penne, uncooked
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth tomato sauce (not chunky)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- fresh basil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups tex mex cheese or 8 slices processed cheese
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook penne until done; rinse and drain.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large skillet; remove from pan and drain. In same skillet, sauté garlic (and mush rooms) in olive oil. Return meat to skillet with mush rooms over low heat; add tomato sauce, pepper, and basil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons milk; mix in remaining milk. Add to meat and stir over low heat until slightly thickened. Add processed cheese slices and stir until melted. Toss with hot pasta. Sprinkle generously with parmesan.
- You can replace the penne with fusilli or elbow macaroni. Use just about any kind of cheese you want. Tex mex worked very well.