Penne With Chard and Pine Nuts
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a rapid boil.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add pine nuts; saute 2-3 minutes until toasted, remove to a small bowl.
- Stir penne into boiling water, boil, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes until firm tender.
- Meanwhile heat remaining 2 tsp oil in same skillet over medium high heat, add garlic; saute 1 minute or until fragrent, add chard stems, broth and salt, cover and cook 1-2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add chard leaves, cover and stirring once, cook 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- Drain pasta and return to pot; toss with chard, pine nuts, tomatoes and vinegar.
- Pour into serving bowl, sprinkle servings with parmesan cheese.