Recipe by RecipeMonster
I wanted to make a recipe using cauliflower because I had two heads of it, I doubled this recipe. We just loved it. It's from William-Sonoma
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 head cauliflower, about 3/4 lb., cut into 1-inch
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente (tender but firm to the bite). Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter until it is just starting to brown. Add the olive oil, then the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is beginning to caramelize, about 7 minutes. Add the chili flakes and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the 1 cup of reserved pasta cooking water and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 5 to 7 minutes more, adding more cooking water if needed.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir in the capers, cheese, parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.