Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This pasta is both sweet (because of the raisins) and savory. The tuna gives an interesting spin to this dish. The sauce is thick and clings to the pasta. Very yummy, from the Taste of Home.
- 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or 3 tablespoons almonds or 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add penne or ziti and cook until just tender but firm; drain.
- Meanwhile, place carrots, celery, shallots, parsley, capers, golden raisin, pinenuts and red pepper in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable mixture; cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add white wine, cook and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir undrained tuna, basil oregano and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into vegetable mixture in skillet, flaking tuna into small pieces.
- Bring tuna mixture to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Toss until heated through.