Recipe by Tebo
The more caramelized onions the better I say!! This is good and the Fontina cheese is a nice change from parmesan. A colourful veggie and a small salad and dinner is served.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 onions, sliced (l lb approx)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups penne pasta (12 oz)
- 2⁄3 cup Fontina cheese, shredded (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large non stick skillet over med high heat.
- Add onions and cook stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add sage, s& P and cook stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until onions are golden.
- Add red pepper and stock and stir to combine.
- Cook pasta in salted water 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and return to cooking pot.
- Add onion mixture, toss to coat.
- Add cheese and parsley, toss to coat again.