1/1 Photo of Penne With Cannellini Beans and Anchovies
This dish is very good but because it has anchovies, many people stick up their noses at it but you should try it, you might even like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 flat anchovies, patted dry
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped into small bits
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 236.59 ml cannellini beans or 236.59 ml other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 340.19 g penne or 340.19 g other penne pasta
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients and mince to form paste.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat 1/8 cup olive oil in a large(large enough to cook pasta, as well) nonreactive pot over medium high heat.
- 4Add breadcrumbs and cook 3-4 minutes, until crisp, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in Italian seasoning and pepper, to taste.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 7Wipe pot clean with a paper towel.
- 8Heat remaining oil in same pot over medium high heat.
- 9Sauté onion and red pepper, till soft(about 5 minutes).
- 10Add garlic paste and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until garlic begins to soften.
- 11Stir in beans, tomato, and salt & pepper to taste.
- 12Cook about 1 minute until heated throughout.
- 13Transfer to a large bowl.
- 14Using same pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water 5 minutes.
- 15Add spinach and cook another 5 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- 16Drain through a colander, removing as much liquid as possible.
- 17Lightly stir pasta into bean mixture.
- 18Serve sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Cannellini Beans and Anchovies
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: